As an Educational Advocate, we represent the student and family in obtaining the best possible modifications, accommodations, or auxiliary aids that will support the student in participating in and benefiting from all educational programs and activities. In addition, we work with families and schools to insure that the appropriate assessments are used to determine a student’s current level of educational performance, and that an education plan is solidly based on the needs of the student.
We can help you:
- Understand the laws regarding education and special educational needs.
- Assist in letter writing.
- Review and understand correspondence.
- Develop a draft IEP that will work for your child (relevant, measurable and obtainable goals with objectives).
- Guide you through the process of making complaints and filing for due process.
- Help prepare documentation to support the programs your child needs to be successful.
- Know the difference between an IEP and a 504 and when to execute the process.
- Attend IEP meetings and advise on strategies to use IEP meetings in the most efficient way to get a true “Individualized Education Program” that your child deserves.